Liposculpture: Treatment - Risks - Aftercare
Liposuction - Liposculpture : Before you undergo an operation it is important that you are well-informed about the treatment, the risks and the aftercare. Our webpages will help you make an informed choice.
- Liposculpture v Liposuction? What is the difference? Which method is best and why?
- The risks associated with Liposuction - Liposculpture. What are the risks? What's the chance of complications arising?
- Which anaesthetic is most suitable for me?
- Am I choosing a good doctor and clinic? What should I look out for?
- Read more about quality care at the Wellness Kliniek.
Liposuction - Liposculpture
- Outside and inside of the thighs
- above the knee
Liposculpture - Preparation
If your general helth is good and you don't suffer from a tendency to bleed heavily, then you can have liposculpture without extensive pre-examinations. If this is not the case then adequate medical examination, radiography or blood tests are advisable.
- If you have a vitamin deficiency the doctor will prescribe you supplements.
- The doctor usually advises you to stop taking blood thinning medication 10 days before the treatment.
After the procedure the treated area will usually be supported with elastic bandages or girdle. It is important that you a measured for your compression garments before the operation so that they are available when the liposuction has been performed.
- You can be measured for the compression bandage on the same day as your intake consultation.
Liposuction - Liposculpture
Liposuction of the buttocks (jodhpur thighs: outside of the upper legs)
Liposculpture: the procedure
- The day of your liposculpture treament you must arrive at the clinic after having fasted.
- Bring your compression girdle - compression bandage with you to the Wellness Kliniek.
- Photos are made before the treatment
- A number of pre-operative tests are carried out: we measure your heartbeat and blood pressure.
- The doctor carefully marks the areas to be treated.
Liposculpture is performed under a local anaesthetic, combined with intravenous sedation if you wish. The styptic and anaesthetic solution is injected via an incision barely 3mm long. The fat swells up and the fat cells become more liquid. Then the subcutaneous fat is sucked out using a thin needle. The fat is removed within those areas marked up by the doctor before the procedure. Towards the end of the operation you can stand if necessary, this corrects any gravitational effects.
- The incisions made in the skin are so small that any scars will be minimal.
- You stay in the recovery room for a while after the operation.
- Then you rest properly in bed.
- A few hours later you feel well enough to go home or back to your hotel.
- You may not drive a car after the procedure.
- The night following your treatment you should be supervised.
Liposuction for men - Liposculpture for men
Liposculpture: After care - Care at home
People experience pain in very different ways. Most patients have few problems after liposculpture. The special anaesthetic lasts about a day, then the tissue and muscles may feel somewhat stiff or tight.
- When you are at home you can take some paracetamol if necessary.
You should take into account that a reddish serum will leak from the wounds for the first few days.
- At home you may need to use a mattress cover the first night.
You will be individually advised to wear the compression garments for between 2-4 weeks. The compression bandages provide support: which will feel comfortable. The girdle ensures that your skin becomes nice and tight. Therefore it is best to wear the girdle day and night: 23/24. The girdle dries quickly so you can wash it and dry it in an hour.
- You can remove the girdle while taking a shower.
The size of the girdle is extremely important. If it is too tight it can increase the risk of thrombosis. If it is not tight enough it will not provide enough support. Most patients need just one girdle. Sometimes the volume loss during the weeks following your liposculpture can be so great that you may need a second, tighter compression bandage to achieve the best result.
- Following the procedure you will be prescribed a 3 day course of antibiotics.
- Give yourself 3 days to rest after the operation.
Despite the fact that some people don't take any time off work after having liposculpture, we do advise you to take a few days to rest. It is important though to move around as normal.
A few days later you can move around just as you did before. After 4-8 days you can resume your normal activities . After 10 days you can start to play sports, swim and bicycle again. 4 weeks later you are fully recovered and can also carry out heavy physical work.
Small inconveniences, such as local sensory disorders or small subcutaneous lesions may occur. They usually disappear within four months. Post-operative massage and lymph drainage are sometimes prescribed.
Following your liposculpture treatment: 24/24 aftercare
If you experience any problems or have any concerns don't hesitate to contact us.
Call us immediately if you experience any of the following abnormal signs while healing:
- A high temperature
- Areas of redness
- If you feel generally unwell.
- Or if you have the slightest concern.
After having liposculpture treatment you will be given our permanent medical emergency telephone number.
We are there for you day and night.
We are there for you until you are completely recovered.
Your appointment for Liposculpture
To make an appoinment it is best to contact us by phone.
We try to keep our waiting list as short as possible. We can usually see you within 2-4 weeks for liposuction - liposculpture.
Premium Private Health Care in Belgium
The Wellness Kliniek Belgium is a licensed Health Care Hospital. Our surgeons are fully trained in their aesthetic specialty. Wellness Kliniek Genk, Limburg, disposes of cabinets for aesthetic dental treatments, theatre rooms equipped with high-tech equipment for surgery and recovery care.
Wellness Kliniek Belgium carries the international standards organization quality certificate ISO 9001 & 14001 for all its medical and surgical activities. Read more on how to make a safe choice